Connecting your Modem:
- Connect the telephone cable to your broadband DSL modem, and connect the other end to a telephone wall jack.
- Refer to - "Modem Quick Notes - Customer User Guides".
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the computer to your broadband DSL modem.
- If you have a router you should connect your computer to your router and connect your router to your modem.
- Connect the power cord to your broadband DSL modem and a wall outlet.
- If you have a router you should connect the power cord to your router and a wall outlet.
- Your broadband DSL modem’s status LEDs should begin to flash when completing the connection of your broadband DSL modem.
- Within a few minutes the DSL modem should be ready to connect.
DSL Troubleshooting Guide:
|Question||Yes Answer||No Answer|
|1||Is the power light on?||Go to question 2.||Check AC power connections.|
|2||Is the sync or status light on solid?||Go to questions 4.||Make sure the modem wire is in the correct jack.|
|Make sure all phone equipment is filtered including answering machines and alarm system.|
|3||Is the sync or status light flashing?||Plug modem in test port at NID and connect AC power to modem.||Trouble is with inside wiring if sync or stats light is solid.|
|Call Ironton Telephone to report trouble if sync or status light is still flashing.||See "Diagnosing Trouble" or call Ironton DSL Tech Support at 610-799-3131.|
|4||Is the ethernet or Activity-LAN light flashing?||Go to question 5.||Reset ethernet port.|
|Check computer equipment.|
|Have computer technician check computer and network.|
|5||Is the user name and password correct?||Contact PenTeleData at 1-800-281-3564.||Reinstall username and password.|
|For error codes 691 or 769 contact PenTeleData at 1-800-281-3564.|