While it is recommended to use a qualified electrician or telephone technician for installation, troubleshooting and/or repairs, you may follow the steps listed below to troubleshoot on your own.
Please note the CAUTIONS before attempting any repairs.Before you call:
- Power Cycle the DSL Modem.
- Do Not Use the Reset Button on the modem
- Check your Telephone service at the Network Interface Device.
- Testing can be performed with a standard Corded telephone.
- Testing Instructions are are located - "Testing The Telephone Service", as well as, on the inside cover of the Interface.
- If your telephone is not working, please follow the steps listed under "Diagnosing Problems" to see if the problem is in the telephone, inside wiring or in Ironton Telephone Company's network.
- By finding the source of the problem, you will know whom to call to have the problem repaired.
Please Note: Ironton Telephone Company does not repair third party telephone equipment. A service fee will be charged for any problems to telephones, related equipment or inside wiring if you call us to your residence or business.
- If you are having problems making long distance calls, please contact your long distance company.
- Ironton Long Distance Customers please call (610) 799-3131 for assistance.
- If the problem is with the lines outside of your home or business, Ironton Telephone LLC will resolve it promptly, and in most cases without cost to you.
- If the problem is with the inside wiring or jacks you may do the following.
- Make your own repairs.
- Have an electrician, contractor, or another party make the repairs.
The responsibility of maintaining the inside wiring may not be yours if you reside in an apartment, dorm, condo, co-op, nursing home or other group living facility. Please contact the property owner to determine responsibility.
- Our Repair Specialist will ask you if you have checked for dial tone at the Network Interface Device (NID) before dispatching a technician.
- The Repair Specialist may also help you determine where the problem is.
- If no trouble is found at the Network Interface Device (NID) a Service Charge will be billed for the visit.
- The Service Technician will advise the customer on his/her findings.
- If the customer is not home he/she will tag the door.
- If your cable television service is not working, please call your local cable company.